A more global economy, international work environments and the increase of women holding leadership positions, all have an impact on our work environment as well as our society as a whole. This diversification of teams brings a lot of advantages, but also challenges. Hence, a good understanding of each other’s communication styles and behaviours is one of the keys to professional success.
The objective of this seminar is to help dealing with the differences in thinking, feeling and acting of people around the globe. You will experience that though the variety of people’s mind is enormous, we can recognise structure in this variety that can serve as a basis for better understanding.
Topics which will be covered include:
- Communication strategies across cultures
- Low vs high context communication styles
- Feedback styles
- Egalitarian vs hierarchical leadership
- ‘Masculine’ vs ‘feminine’ cultures
- Time scheduling strategies in different societies
- Case studies