iRTG Workshop - Debate training for the awareness for gender realated topics
This workshop is part of the “Workshop Series: overcoming challenges related to diversity in science” organized by the iRTG CRC/TRR 227 Ultrafast Spin Dynamics and the IGK CRC 1078 Protonation Dynamics in Protein Function and is open to all genders.
Debating equally enables women and men to discuss gender-matters. By means of explaining the advantages and disadvantages of a topic, a high analytical depth is achieved in argumentation, which helps participants to reflect their own way of thinking and to voice their opinions in daily life.
- Finding sound arguments as well as checking their relevance
- Building arguments in a coherent and convincing manner
- Being able to refute solid arguments
- Presenting oneself in a self-confident manner, even if the audience is a discerning one
- Handling interruptions and fault-finding questions in a confident manner
- Furthering the capabilities and assertiveness of women during arguments in mixed gender groups
- Sensitization of all participants to the important differences in the communication of men and women, and individuals of different cultures
- Promotion of awareness that the expression of opinions is not dependent on a person’s gender or culture
Time & Location
Jan 20, 2020 - Jan 21, 2020
FU Berlin - Department of Physics - Arnimallee 14 - 14195 Berlin